Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sprinter



Hi everyone, I'm back! Sorry for the absence. I know you all missed me terribly. You can blame these people for being too much fun and keeping me away from my computer.



Passover is finally over, and we will return to our regularly scheduled programming. This picture is actually from Thursday, before the holiday restrictions set in again. As you can see, I am dressed as if it is January. Hence the name of this post, Sprinter. No, that does not mean I have suddenly become a super fast runner. Instead, it means that despite being April, it has basically felt like February. Cold, rainy, windy, yuck. Today was much better, so here's hoping that it will hold.

Sorry that I look sort of drugged in this photo.
I assure you it is nothing other than spent-all-day-alone-with-a-two-year-old-itis.


There are a few downsides to this weather. First, WHY AM I STILL WEARING BOOTS AND TIGHTS? Also, I stubbornly refuse to wear my winter coat, so it means I'm cold all the time. And finally, wind + moisture is not kind to my curly hair. Add a two year old who sees me as a jungle gym to the mix, and forget about it.

Look at the fun detail on my glasses!
This hairdo is my rainy day go-to. It didn't look amazing by 5:00, but you get the idea. If you know how to french braid, it is actually pretty easy. Just make a deep side part, section off some hair in the front, and braid down, only adding hair from the side that is closer to your face. Pull the rest of your hair back in a bun and we are finished. People always think it looks so fancy, but I mostly like it because it keeps those inevitable front frizzies out of my face.

I actually have many things to say about this outfit, including about colored denim and wearing stripes. But pizza is calling me name, so it will have to wait. See you back here soon! (I promise.)

What's your cold and rainy day go-to?

What I'm wearing: Gap Factory cardigan (similar here), Gap long sleeved t-shirt, Boden red jean skirt (similar here), Old Navy scarf (similar here), Hue tights, Born boots

No comments:

Post a Comment