Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Ahoy!

Guys. It's happened. It's WARM. Like, warm enough that when I was walking through the park before, I took my jacket off. I know it isn't going to last, but for now, I am feeling super excited.

Because of the aforementioned warm weather, getting dressed this morning was surprisingly challenging. All of a sudden, I could choose from a whole other part of my wardrobe that I haven't worn in months! How to choose?


I had been wanting a button front skirt for a while, so when I found this one a few months ago, I bought it and have been waiting for a chance to wear it. I didn't like the belt that came with it, so I swapped out for a red one I had lying around. And I chose a navy shirt, because who needs to wear black when it's this sunny out? Then I looked in the mirror and realized it looked like I had a nautical theme going. So out came the boat shoes!

We have a picture of me standing this exact spot in this exact way on my first day of kindergarten.
Same idea, minus the dress with smocking and plus a bunch of inches of height.

 Conveniently, in addition to being super soft, this boat neck top has button details on the shoulders as well! I seem so coordinated!



I loooove my Sperrys. They are so comfortable. My older sister liked these so much that she ordered an almost identical pair. Apparently, now whenever she wears them, my younger nephew says to her, "But Mommy, those are Aunt Rachel's shoes!"

First sign of spring: if you look closely, you can see the beginning of buds on the trees!
This will be my past post for a few days. With Passover starting tomorrow night, there is much to be done, and I won't be online at all during the first two days of the holiday, which have the status (and restrictions) of Yom Tov. So I'll see you all back here some time next week!

And in the meantime, for all of my Passover celebrating friends:

This is the first time I ever made potato kugel! I hope it's good...

Some important pre-Passover Torah from Sarit: Remember-- dirt is not chametz! (And she would know-- she's going to be a rabbi!)

Chag Sameach to all of my Passover celebrating readers, and Happy Easter to my Easter celebrating ones. See you in a few days!

What I'm wearing: Moon skirt via ModCloth, Willi Smith shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), Sperry for J.Crew boat shoes (similar here), scarf from Loehmann's (similar here)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember you and your sisters in that adorable address. It was red checked gingham with little red apples on the white collar, as in "an apple for the teacher." Sigh…I should have saved it for Maddie...Your current outfit is almost as cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered and just received the skirt from modcloth and I love it! You're an enabler! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My work here is done. Also, it's an amazing skirt and your life will be better for owning it.

      Delete