Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Birthday Suit! (Or Tunic)

No, not my actual birthday suit. This isn't that kind of blog.


As you might have guessed from the title of my post, I just had a birthday! (Today.) I'm going to be honest-- getting older sort of freaks me out for a number of reasons I won't go into right now. Although, as my dad says, it sure beats the alternative. Add Passover to that mix and this had the potential to be sort of a downer of a birthday. However, instead, it was a really great day! Here's why:

Sorry the awkward mirror selfies are back. I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures!
I got to spend the afternoon and evening with my three favorite kids! They were already all going sort of bonkers when I arrived, but they got it together to eat cake and take birthday pictures in their pajamas. Lucky people.



My dad made an AMAZING kosher for Passover almond cake. I love almond and raspberry-- apparently that's something I get from my German great-grandmother-- and this cake was so good that I would have been delighted to have it even not on Passover. Well done, Dad!



My sister chose this card because she said the girls' fabulous outfits belonged on the blog.
So cute girls, here is your moment.
 We did karaoke! One of my sisters and three of my friends joined me for two hours of belting out ridiculous and awesome pop songs. I actually had never done karaoke before, which is sort of weird, but I enjoyed myself immensely, as you can see in the pictures. And now I'm hooked. Who doesn't like pretending to be Taylor Swift?






So sorry for the lack of interesting fashion pictures, but as you can see, there were many other things to do. I'll try to better next time!

What is your favorite birthday activity?

By the way, if you're interested, there was an interesting article in the NY Times about questions of modesty, style and religion at Christian fashion week, which I did not even know was a thing. If you want to see more, just click here.

What I'm wearing: Maeve dress (worn as a tunic) via Anthropolgie (similar here but at a crazy price), LOFT jeans, Downeast Basics camisole, Sperry for J.Crew shoes (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment