Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Fancy Friday


As you might have guessed from the pictures, this outfit is actually from last Friday, back when I had my fancy but non-me-feeling hair. I don't have much to post otherwise from the last few days, because I've mostly been either holed up in the library or wearing gym clothes while scrubbing my apartment to get ready for Passover. On Passover, there is a strict prohibition against eating, or even owning, chametz, which include all grain products unless they are especially prepared as matzah. So many people go crazy cleaning at this time of year. Personally, I'm a strong believer in "dirt isn't chametz," but it is also possible that I would never do more than incidental cleaning of my apartment were it not for Passover, so I take advantage. Anyone else with me on this one?



I really love this dress. In fact, I loved it so much that when it went on major clearance, I bought another one in blue. (Buying things I love in multiple colors is a bad habit I have that I'm trying to break, but I am more successful some days than others.) I think the shape is super flattering, the sleeves are perfect, and it should surprise nobody by now that I am a sucker for all things polka dotted.


The one thing about this dress is it's black. I wear a lot of black-- probably more than I should-- but I try not to do it head to toe. So in this case, I added some purple tights for a little bit of color, and I wore my loud turquoise glasses. Sometimes a pop of color is all you need.

Rumor has it that it will be in the 60s tomorrow! If that's true, I promise to try to take a picture of my outfit, pasty white legs and all! Let's hear it for no tights!

Have a great night, everybody!

What I'm wearing: Boden dress (still on major sale!), Matisse by Coconuts boots (similar here), Hue tights

No comments:

Post a Comment