Monday, April 27, 2015

From the Archive: California Dreaming, Part 3


No, dear readers, I am not back in LA... except maybe in my dreams. I am just a little behind on my blog posting, so on account of my not-especially-interesting outfit today, I thought I would bring you the last set of shots from my trip to California. Man, it was nice there...

 Anyhoo. For those of you who have been reading the blog from the beginning, you might recognize this shirt as the one I got (and LOVED) in my March Stitch Fix. It hadn't been quite warm enough to wear it in New York yet, as I haven't figured out how to layer it properly, so I jumped at the chance to wear it in LA. It did not disappoint. My one complaint-- the tassels are sort of a hazard when it comes to changing diapers. Luckily I figured that out before there was an unfortunate mishap. Since I don't change diapers in my day-to-day life, as I only wipe the butts of people who are related to me and those people who require such services currently live in LA, I think I'll be safe.
This is one of the weirdest pictures I've ever taken. Enjoy.
 I kept the rest of the outfit neutral, so as to highlight the awesomeness of the shirt. As if it needed any help. Oh Stitch Fix, how you make me love you. But I would love to find a red skirt, both in general, and to be able to wear with this top. If you have any leads, please leave them in the comments! You will earn my eternal loyalty and admiration.
The main event
Three other matters of administrative business. First, Boden has posted their fall preview, if you want to see coming attractions. You can click here for a look. Use the code 7D4N for 20% off. I don't get any money for telling you this, I just want to share the love. Depending on your perspective, you're welcome or I'm sorry :)

Second, come back tomorrow for another Stitch Fix review! No, not mine. I'm not THAT crazy. My mom's latest fix came! Come see what she kept and what went back.

Finally, I have a post on modesty and body image up at The Forward today! If you're interested, take a look here. And if you found my blog through their link, welcome! I hope you come again soon.

What I'm wearing: Renee C shirt via Stitch Fix (similar here), Downeast Basics cami, Style & Co pencil skirt, Crown Vintage sandals via DSW, Mix No. 6 cross body bag (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment