Thursday, April 16, 2015

California Dreaming (Part 2)

Guys, I have a sunburn. And you know what? Worth it?


Ok, I'm done talking about the weather for now. There are many other lovely things about visiting LA. Getting time with my nephews and niece, getting time with my sister and brother-in-law, having a change of scenery, and a million kosher restaurants within a mile of my sister's apartment. However, it is not a place of productivity. The lack of the structure of library combined with the number of things that happen before 9 AM means that basically no studying gets done. Oh well. Luckily, the Talmud has been around for a long time. It can wait a few more days for me.


So what do I do when I accept my lack of productivity? Take a lot of walks-- hence the sunburn-- and, yesterday, get a pedicure. I'm generally not a pedicure type of person. In fact, this is literally my 5th one ever. But I went, I picked a color and then realized afterwards that it was the exact same color as my shirt. I guess I know where my inspiration came from.

One more note, on this skirt. You can't see in the picture, but it has pockets. I love pockets! I randomly picked this up at some British store when I was visiting my younger sister when she studied abroad at Cambridge five years ago, and it's endured the test of time somehow. I am happy to come back to it every spring, like an old friend. Sometimes it's the impulse buys that end up with the most staying power.

Have you ever made an impulse buy that ended up being a favorite?

What I'm wearing: super old British skirt, Willi Smith shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), Crown Vintage sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment