Tuesday, May 12, 2015

When Your Skirt Matches the Tree...

Last Tuesday was a very exciting day. No, not because I found a tree to match my skirt. Although that was fun too. But it was because my friend Ruth came to visit!


Ruth used to be my chevruta, but then she had to go get a job in DC, far away from me. (So selfish.) We still study together on Skype, but it is not the same. So imagine my excitement when she told me she was coming in to speak at a panel!

I have to admit that I did not attend said panel. However, we did take a lovely stroll through the park and have vegan food for dinner. I heart vegan food. I made her stop and take blog pictures for me, because I realized my skirt matched the tree so nicely!

An embarrassing confession about this outfit. I realized that it is the exact same one I wore here, but in different colors. Yes, this is my other random British skirt bought on impulse. In my defense, the two look very different, but when I realized I was wearing the same shirt in a different color as well, I thought about not blogging about it. But how could I hide such a thing from you, my loyal readers? So here you have it, in all of its awkward glory.

We also saw black tulips! They were so gorgeous. Man, I love the spring.
And finally, to top today off, some excellent advice I saw on makeup bags for sale in a store window. I didn't buy them, as I don't wear makeup, but I photographed them so I could share them with all of you. Because to me, few things sound more delightful than being a beautiful cupcake. AKA, let your freak flag fly, and the world will love you for it.



What I'm wearing: super old British skirt, Willi Smith shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), Sperry for J.Crew boat shoes (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment