Friday, May 1, 2015

Guys, I Found POCKETS!!

Hello from the train, everyone! Yes, that's right. Your favorite nearsighted, curly haired friend is on the go again! So what better way to pass the time then by updating the blog? (Internet permitting, of course.)


As I mentioned in my last post, I've been super into tunics lately. As was also true in my last post, this was sold as a dress, but was way shorter than anything I would consider even remotely reasonable to wear. (The saleslady was like, Oh, just wear it with dark tights! No thank you.)

I'm not sure the dark lighting in my apartment really does this dress/ tunic justice. It's super beautiful and very unique. I really love the contrasting patterns between the top and bottom of the skirt.  It's silk, with stretchy smocking on top, and of course, pockets! Which I just discovered, even though I've worn this before. (See, for example, my birthday post.)
This a reenaction of what had happened 45 minutes earlier,
when i discovered the dress had pockets.
Judging from people's reactions (So many compliments! Thanks friends!), and based on what I saw in the mirror, I think this works better over a skirt than over jeans. I'm not totally sure why? The line just seems smoother and more flattering. But you can be certain that I will continue to wear this as much as possible.

One more note, on the shoes, since apparently I am just spending today's post talking about my clothes. (No shame in that, right? This is a fashion blog after all.) If you can't tell, they're actually a bright magenta. When I bought them, I wasn't sure I would wear them enough to justify keeping them. My friend Sarit convinced me that I would find a way, and she was totally right. I actually wear them all the time, especially because I have a lot of black and navy in my wardrobe, and these are great for a pop of color. They're also super comfortable. Unlike most flats, which are, you know, flat, these have a small wedge hidden inside. It's much better for arch support, which means I can wear them all day without my feet hurting or getting blisters. I would say odds are good that another pair or two of these are in my future.

How do you like to add a splash of something unexpected into your quieter outfits? Let me know in the comments! I'm always looking for new ideas. And have a happy weekend!

What I'm wearing: Maeve dress as a tunic via Anthropologie (sorry, it's old, and my googling didn't provide anything similar), Banana Republic Sloan skirt, Audrey Brooke flats, Downeast Basics cami

No comments:

Post a Comment