Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Big Day! = No Pics

Dear readers, I promise I have not foresaken you. Instead, the combination of Shavuot (including being up all night), taking my 6th comprehensive exam, and starting work has taken its toll. When I got home from work today, I vaguely thought about leaving my dress on until someone could take pictures of me. But instead, I was in pajamas within 15 minutes. Oh well.

As the title says, today was a big day. I passed my exam on 75 pages of Talmud with the Tosafot commentators (that might not sound like a lot, but trust me, it is.) This was my 6th oral exam, and my last one on primary sources. I have one left before I'm ABD, on all of the secondary literature that I need to cover. So on one hand, six down, one to go. On the other hand, that one is a biggie. Still, under all the exhaustion, I am indeed feeling very proud.

This is what I felt like before my comp. Eek!
This is what I felt like after! Yay!
Today was also the official start of summer for me, not because of Memorial Day, but because teaching season has begun. During the year, I go to school full time and work part time, but in the summer, I work full time and only study half time. (What's that you say? That's 1.5 time? Yes, well, perhaps that explains the inability to keep my eyes open in pictures :) ) I love teaching season. It reminds me what I really want to be doing with my life, and also that all of these comps are worth it. So expect some more work-appropriate looks coming your way soon-- just as soon as I manage to take of my pajamas.

In non-work appropriate fashion news, a tulle skirt I ordered right before my spending freeze began arrived last week, and I finally got to try it on. Basically, I look like I am wearing a tutu. But it is awesome and I look forward to rocking it for all of you soon.

In the meantime, I promise that I will return to our regularly scheduled programming imminently. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment