Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Suburbs Have Yards!

As I mentioned on Friday, I took the train this weekend up to Boston to visit my friend Amy. Amy lives in Newton, which is suburban in a hard core kind of way.

To normal people, suburbs probably aren't especially interesting. However, as an eternal city dweller (I have never lived in anything other than an apartment, one year in a dorm room aside), I never cease to be fascinated by the suburbs. It seems likely that I drove Amy crazy because every five seconds I would say, What do people do with so much space?? (Sorry Amy.) And look! Here I am in her front yard! Because she has a yard! How fascinating.

For those of you who are in the North East, you might remember that on Friday, it was super cold, at least for May 1. Cold enough that I chose to wear jeans, because if I had worn a skirt, I would have had to wear tights, and I think we can all agree that tights in May are simply unacceptable.

Amy told me to strike a pose. So struck.
Looking at these pics, I realize that this is neither the most interesting, nor the most flattering, outfit I've ever worn. Oh well. You can't win them all, especially when spending 5 hours total in transit. I should really get these jeans shortened, but I never think of it until I want to wear them, so the cycle continues.

In other news, I think I'm going to start a Q and A feature on the blog. A few of you have reached out to me with questions, either relating to modesty or looking for fashion advice. While I am far from an expert, I'm happy to offer my thoughts on any and all related topics. So if you have a question you want me to answer on the blog, email me here, or leave it in the comments. We're going to have so much fun!

I should probably start working, as it is already noon. So that's all from me for now. Have a happy Wednesday!

What I'm wearing: Lucky Brand jeans via TJ Maxx, LOFT striped shirt (similar here), LOFT cardigan (similar here), Gap tank top, Toms shoes, super old scarf via Loehmanns

No comments:

Post a Comment