Monday, May 4, 2015

P is for PASS!!!

Some of my favorite things that I write about on this blog start with P. Purple. Pockets. Pleats. Polka dots. But today, our favorite P word of the day is PASS.

Yes, that is right. Your favorite modest, fashionable curly haired Talmud scholar has passed her fifth comp! This time it was Talmud Yerushalmi. For those of you not familiar with the Yerushalmi... well.. let's just say, imagine recording bits and pieces of a conversation, but not all of them, and then translating them into Palestinian Aramaic. That is pretty much the Yerushalmi. I am not sorry to see it be behind me.
Already thinking hard about my next comp.


For those of you keeping track at home, this is #5 out of 7. I'll take the next one in three weeks, and then will spend many months reading before I take the last one. But ABD is starting to feel like it might be in sight!

In addition to today being the day of the happy passing dance, it is also the first really hot day we've had this year-- in the 80s, and humid. I decided to break out the spring colors. This is a great skirt because it can match with so many different things. I went with green today, but expect to see it with other color combos in the future. Plus, the elastic in the skirt makes it super comfy, even when I eat celebratory cupcake.

Finally, Sarit, my esteemed photographer, asked me to talk about my sandals, on account of her loving them. Until now, I've sat out the gladiator sandals craze, because most of them hit around the ankle, which always made me look stumpy in the legs. However, I liked the idea of them because my heels tend to get dry and crack like crazy in the summer, which is very painful. I love that these have backs. So when I saw a pair in gladiator style that crossed the foot instead, I was very excited. But I needed another pair of shoes like I need a hole in the head. But then... DSW sent me a birthday coupon. Oh, ok, DSW. If you insist. Winning!

All in all, good day for Rachel. And I hope for you too! See you back here soon!

What I'm wearing: Boden skirt, Jones New York shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), b.o.c. sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment