Thursday, May 21, 2015

Warning: Giant Hair Ahead


We tried to get an action shot, but instead it just looks like I'm attacking.
Sorry Sarah. I would never attack you.
I've been trying to write less about the weather lately, as I know it's sort of dull to read, but today is my friend Ruthie's birthday and she loves to talk about the weather. So Ruthie, I will use the anniversary of your birth as an excuse. Hope you don't mind too much.


You know how sometimes, when you log onto weather.com, there are special weather warnings? Dense fog, low visibility, icy roads, strong storms, etc. Well, as a curly haired person, I always want them to add another one: warning-- giant hair ahead.

Dear readers, I love my curls. I do. I can't imagine life without them. However, New York in the summer is rough. High heat + high humidity = giant ball of frizz. Mostly I don't even bother trying to wear my hair down, because I know that within an hour or two, it will look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. So what is a curly haired girl to do? In my case, lots of buns and headbands. They aren't as elegant or as interesting, but I've found that it beats the alternative. And since we've already had a few stretches where it felt like summer came early this year, you can see a good example from the pictures above, taken on Mother's Day.

The main event.
And if anyone has suggestions for keeping my hair under control that don't involve permanent relaxers, I and my curls would thank you. Otherwise, ponytails it is.

What I'm wearing: Lucky Brand shirt, Old Navy cropped khakis, Downeast Basics cami, Claire's headband, Bare Traps sandals (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment