Thursday, May 14, 2015

Stitch Fix Review May 2015: We're Back in the Game!

Ok, I know I promised all of you a post on my glasses this week. But then my Stitch Fix came four days early! So we have important work to do. (What is Stitch Fix, you ask? Click here to learn all about it.)

 As you might remember, I was not super happy with my last fix. I was happy to order another one, if only because I had a lot of credit to use (thanks to everyone who signed up with my link!) However, I was slightly disgruntled because I felt like my stylist hadn't listened to my feedback.

Well, Stitch Fix, you have redeemed yourself! I had a new stylist, Alison (hi Alison!) and I felt like she did a great job. She sent me a few things that I had pinned, and also some things that were a little out of the box for me, but that I could totally see myself wearing.

If I keep everything, it's $187.50 including the styling fee.
(I still have a lot of credit, so that would mean I actually pay $14.50. Cool!)
My style card!
This time I'd really like some advice. I like 4 out of 5 things a lot, but the fifth thing doesn't fit me right. However, it costs the same to keep 4 as to keep 5. What should I do? Are there other things I should send back? Would you like to buy the fifth item from me (at a discount)? Please leave thoughts in the comments!

And without further ado, here we go:

Daniel Rainn Owen Tie Neck Blouse in Black-- $48.00

For some reason, my eyes were closed in almost every picture Sarit took. Don't know what's wrong with me, other than that I really need to get more sleep. So we also ended up with some mirror selfies. You get the idea.

This top is beautiful. It is super lightweight and, as you can see, pretty sheer. It came with a built in tank top, but I think I'll probably cut it out if I keep it, partly because it's too low cut and partly because it's really hard to get on and off.


The pluses: It'll be great for summer, it has great details, and it's versatile enough to be worn with jeans, for work, or on Shabbat.
The minuses: The complicated tank top underneath (easily dealt with), and the fact that this shirt is very similar to the one I got in my March fix.

The verdict: Undecided. Thoughts?

THML Cintas Embroidered Tie Neck Top in white-- $58.00

This was my least favorite thing in the fix. The concept is pretty, but it just didn't work on me.
Yup, eyes closed again. But otherwise a good pic!
 First, I don't wear much white, nor do I wear orange, which is basically the color of the detail. The real problem, though, is the shape. As you can see below, it's sort of shapeless, but then tight around the hips. It's also a little short for my taste. I'm not super tall, but I carry most of my height in my torso and I like my shirts long.




However, the detailing is beautiful. I'm sure it would be a great top for someone who is built differently than me.

The verdict: Returning, unless I keep the other four. Then, hopefully, finding it a new home.

Fun2Fun Marlena Abstract Print Tab Sleeve Blouse in Green-- $48.00

Noticing a pattern here? Seriously, what is my problem?!
This top is very pretty. I think it fits me really nicely, and it's also super versatile. I like the green and pink color, and one of my friends always tells me I should wear more patterns on top, instead of on bottom, so this would fit that.


 I especially think it's flattering in profile. Mirror selfie and piles of stuff in the background aside.



I also like that it has a button so I can roll up the sleeves. My arms are pretty short, so sleeves often hit me at an awkward place. Rolling them up makes them look more normal, and also makes it more useful as the weather gets warmer.

However, I'm not sure about the pattern, and I feel like Stitch Fix has already sent me a few tops in this shape. Help!

Verdict: Undecided

Hailey 23 Vlado Dress in Light Grey-- $48

 Look, my eyes are open! Sort of, at least. We're getting there.

Here's the cool things about this dress. One, it looks like a skirt and top, but it fits like a comfortable dress.

 Second, it has a scoop back, so it's a little more exciting, but it's not too revealing, so I would feel comfortable wearing it without a sweater or tank top or anything like that.



Third, it's so soft! And fourth, the skirt has pleats, which we all know I love. This will be great for lazy Shabbat afternoons, and also for work. Finally, $48 is a great price for a dress.

Verdict: Keeping!

Ezra Nawny Tiered Back Knit Top in Grey-- $48.00

 It's possible I pinned this shirt four or five times. Seriously. It's so cool! I feel very strongly that the pictures do not do it justice. (I also think it will probably look better with pants, but time was of the essence, as neither of us had eaten dinner yet.)


The coolest part of this top is the back. Usually shirts with cool back details are super low cut in the back, or sleeveless. This one has sleeves! And full coverage! It's sort of wrinkled out of the box, but with a little bit of pressing, I think it will be fabulous.



To me, this top is a great example of why I love Stitch Fix. It's a super interesting piece, but not necessarily one I would think to look for on my own. It's really comfortable and it fits me nicely. It's good for work, or for play, and the mock layered look means I can get a cool look without wearing a million shirts. It's not super seasonable right now, but I look forward to wearing it the next time it's unseasonably cool. Yay!

Verdict: Keeping!

So there we have it. Two definite keepers, one I don't like, and two I'm undecided on. What do you all think? Help me! Please leave thoughts in the comments! And if you want to get in on the fun, sign up for Stitch Fix here!

No comments:

Post a Comment