Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Free Kayaking!

Lately, I've been finding myself longing for last summer, when I only turned on my air conditioner four times all summer. Since I have already used it that many times this week. And it's only Wednesday.


It has been a rough summer, weather-wise. With the temperature scheduled to hit 90 for yet another day, Sarah and I decided that it was the perfect day to hit the Hudson River. One would not want to swim in the Hudson, in my opinion, but kayaking is perfect!


Every weekend in the summer, the Downtown Boathouse hosts free kayaking in the Hudson off of Pier 1 at 70th street from 10-5. Although swimming gear is not required, I highly recommend it, as you do get quite wet. Plus, I got to wear my awesome rash guard! Hurrah! Modest and sunburn-free. Plus, adorable. Wins all around.

Also, the kayaking was super fun. We weren't great at steering because we have little upper body strength and even less coordination, but we had a delightful time and didn't get stuck in the middle of the river even once. Go team!
Sisters: two out of three.

If you have been reading all along, you might remember my post on modest swimwear. Here you can see it in action. Plus, since it's in July, a lot of places have their swim stuff on sale, so it might be the perfect time to make an investment. I heart my rash guards.

In vaguely self-serving news (because what's the point of having a blog if you can't be self-serving occasionally?), I just listed a bunch of stuff on eBay-- things that don't fit, that I never wear, etc. If you want to dress like me, here's the chance to do it at a discount! (Sorry, that was obnoxious.) Anyway, you can see the listings here.

What I'm wearing: Lands End rash guard (similar here), Target board shorts (similar here), Chaco sandals, '47 Yankees hat

No comments:

Post a Comment