Monday, August 10, 2015

A Night at the Theater

Hi guys! I know what you're thinking. Hey, that girl Rachel. Didn't she used to have a blog? And doesn't she keep promising that she'll actually update it, only to disappear again?


Well, dear readers, all of those things are true. Your favorite Curly Haired blogger hit the road this week, spending a lovely four and a half days in Washington, DC and leaving her laptop behind (at least in terms of use, as in terms of actually, it is my constant companion.)

Anyway. DC was great fun, thanks to my many friends who live there, and you can be sure that there will be blog posts about that coming your way soon. But in the meantime, I am trying to blog roughly in order, so here is last week's jaunt to the new Shakespeare in the Park play, Cymbeline.

The stage! You will notice that some lucky folks are
sitting right next to it. So cool!
I actually have never gone to both Shakespeare in the Park productions in a summer before, but I realized that since all I'm doing these days is sitting around and reading for comps, I could do that just as easily sitting in line in the park. So I did! And my friend Jess was kind enough to join me for the show.


I have to say, before I went, I had never heard of this play and knew nothing about it. It's one of Shakespeare's later plays, and apparently not put on very often. But I have to say, I liked it even better than the Tempest. It isn't as weird or racist, and it was a wonderful production. Rachel says: Two thumbs up! I recommend waiting for tickets if you can, or entering the online lottery. But do so sooner rather than later, as the play only gets more popular as the summer goes on.

The last time I went to Shakespeare in the Park, I wrote about the importance of covering up, so as not to be eaten alive by mosquitos. Unfortunately, I did not take my own advice. So while I do very much like the red striped shirt- button front skirt- turquoise sandals combo, I also came home with some very itchy and unwelcome companions. What do we learn from this? Do as I say and not as I do, apparently. Oh well.


What I'm wearing: Old Navy shirt (similar here), Eshakti button front skirt (here in a different color), Blowfish sandals, LOFT headband (similar here)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, other than the mosquitos! Hope to go later this week!

    ReplyDelete