Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I Carried a Watermelon.

Guys, today is a very exciting day. Our first ever fashion-recipe mash-up! (Not literally, though, as that would be messy.)
No one puts baby in the corner!
When I was a kid, we used to go to Connecticut for the summer. I called this the country, although in retrospect, it was clearly the suburbs. What did I know? I was from Manhattan.

Anyway. During said summer adventures, one of my strongest memories is making popsicles. We had molds that we filled with juice (or, during one ill-fated adventure, milk and mashed up Hydrox, which did NOT turn out to be cookies and cream) and then ate as popsicles. So when I realized I had a gift certificate to Zabars, I decided to relive my youth and make some popsicles!


Sarit and I have been having lots of fun with my popsicle molds and her Vitamix, which is crazy awesome and amazing. Last week, we made watermelon lime ginger popsicles and they are delicious.

Aren't they a beautiful color???
The original recipe is here. We didn't exactly measure anything and we left out the sugar and instead added just a little bit of honey. The spicy/ sweet/ sour combo is amazing and super refreshing. And healthy! Hurrah! We made waaaaay too much, so we made icees in plastic cups and then, when we had too many of those, brought some to Shaina and Avi next door. Watermelon for everyone!


And if you don't get the references to the movie cited above.... well.... you should spend more times watching 80s-tastic movies.

What I'm wearing: Boden skirt (super old, similar here), Tahari v-neck shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), Downeast Basics cami

No comments:

Post a Comment