Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Blog Hits the Road! DC Monuments

First of all, thanks for your help on the Stitch Fix! After much deliberation and another round of trying things on, I ended up only keeping the pink shirt. I look forward to wearing it soon, when it stops being sooooo humid.


On the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
Second, we now return to our regularly scheduled programming. As I mentioned two posts ago, two weekends ago, I had the pleasure of spending Shabbat in Washington, DC as a scholar-in-residence. I went down on Thursday and spent a lovely evening with my friend Elana, but on Friday, all of my many DC friends had to go to work because apparently that's a thing, so I decided to be a tourist for the day and hit the Mall.

Chillin' with FDR
One of the most amazing things about DC is that all of the monuments and Smithsonian museums are free. So you can go walk around for as long or short as you want, without worrying about getting your money's worth. I ended up hitting all of the monuments, and also my favorite museum, the Museum of American History. It was A LOT of walking, and while these sandals are one of my favorite pairs, they were not meant for 10+ miles. My feet were in a not insignificant amount of pain by the end of the day. Lesson learned: next time, sneakers.



One of the funny things about DC is I always feel super patriotic when I'm there. Also, it makes me want to watch West Wing. Josiah Bartlet in 2016, anyone?





I spent a not-super-successful summer in DC while in college, which made me hate everything about the city, but it has become one my favorite places to visit-- partly because I have great friends there, partly because it's pretty easy to navigate, and partly because of all of the interesting things to do. I still wouldn't want to live there, but it was lovely to spend a weekend. Also, the weather was not super hot or humid, which for August in Washington was a miracle. Thanks, DC! Hope to see you again soon!



What I'm wearing: Kosher Casual shirt, Boden skirt, b.o.c. sandals via DSW

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to go visit DC! So many interesting places to see!

    ReplyDelete