Sunday, August 16, 2015

The One Where I Can't Decide: Stitch Fix Review August 2015

Friends, it Stitch Fix time again! But this time, I need your help. For the first time ever, I got a fix where I could imagine keeping everything or keeping nothing. Most likely outcome will be something in between, but any and all feedback would be welcome. So please leave opinions!

Alison was my stylist again, and we are still very happy together. I had asked for a striped dress and a specific polka dot shirt, but I guess they didn't have either, as neither arrived in my box. However, Alison did send me some great 3/4 sleeve shirts that would be good for summer or for layering in the fall.
Always so exciting to see 
Look! Colors this time!
 After my last fix, some more of you signed up. Thanks guys! So I have $75 to play with, which is good, because a couple of things cost a little more than I would want them to if I was paying full price. The total would have been $234 to keep all five, but if I kept it all, it would be $159 because of my credit.


The Style Card
Sorry that there are fewer pics than usual. Studying for comps is really taking all of my concentration, and someone, hanging each item and photographing it again was a little more than I had the energy for. I'll try to do better next time! So let's get on with it, shall we?

Mystree Lodi Shirred Back Cardigan in Dark Purple (although it looked brown to me)-- $64




The coolest part of this cardigan is definitely the back. Otherwise, it's sort of blah. It feels very lightweight (although well made) for something that costs $64. The color didn't do anything for me, and I generally feel like drape-front cardigans swallow my super narrow shoulders. Alison suggested pairing this with the maxi dress I loved in fix #8, but I have a sweater to go with that that I like much better.
Status: Return

Pixley Edmond Henley Knit Top in Teal Green-- $54



This shirt is a Stitch Fix classic these days. A lot of people I know have gotten it, and it is as soft as advertised. However, I didn't love the colors on me, and the shape didn't do much for me either. Definitely not worth $54 for a t-shirt, even a cute one. I would have kept this one for the discount, but since I'm sending back the sweater, I won't miss it when it's gone.
Status: Return

Dear John Marson Wide Leg Denim Trouser in Black-- $78



Now things start to get complicated. When I saw wide leg trousers, I was skeptical. Those of us who have bottom halves that are bigger than our top halves usually do not do well in trousers, as they can make you look even bigger. However, these were more of a hybrid of a bootcut and a flare, and they fit perfectly. Plus, they had a mid-rise, which I loved. However. They are sort of a faded black, which is really not my look. It just feels sort of dated to me. And I'm not sure I can spend $78 on a pair of jeans where I don't love the color? My friends Sarit and Miriam were pushing hard for me to keep them. What do you think? Keep? Return? Ask for them in my next fix in a blue wash instead? Decisions, decisions...
Status: Undecided

Collective Concepts Rilo Button-Up Blouse in Pink-- $68


I know, who has $68 to spend on a blouse? But the answer might be that I do, as I could keep it and still not actually pay anything. I love the color and the pretty print. Plus, it's a nice fabric that could work with jeans or work clothes. It's sheer, as you might be able to see (I would not usually wear it with that tank top, but I was in Sarit's apartment so I didn't have other options.) The detailing is actually navy, which I like a lot. And I think generally it fits me nicely. This was both Sarit's and Miriam's favorite.
Status: Likely keeping

Market and Spruce Crescenta Henley Top in Teal Green-- $48



Out of the box, this was my favorite. I love the color and the pattern, and you know that I am a sucker for popovers. However, the fit is not the best. As sometimes happens to me with almost-tunics like this one, it's a little tight in the hips. But then Sarit and Miriam said it didn't look small at all. But they still liked the pink one better. But this one is so soft. Guys, SOMETIMES STITCH FIX IS SO HARD. I mean, not really. But anyway. Keep or return? (It's also the least expensive thing in the box, which is a plus.)
Status: Undecided

So what do I do? Keep the pink shirt and the blue shirt? Just the blue shirt? Just the pink shirt? Is it a bad idea to send back the jeans? And if it's only $20 more to keep everything, should I do that and try to sell everything else at a discount? Decisions, decisions. All comments are welcome!

And want to get in on the fun? Don't forget to sign up for your fix here!

3 comments:

  1. i think the clothes they send are too expensive. there's not one thing in there that i think is worth that sort of money. do you have a kohls near you? seriously. unless it was something that fit so perfectly or was so different, i'd say buy it. good luck!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound iffy about everything except the pink shirt, so that's what I would keep I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the last blue one that you thought was too tight, was in fact flattering. You've probably returned it by now, but I liked it on you. (Molly)

    ReplyDelete