Monday, August 24, 2015

The Blog Hits the Road: Party at the Beach, Party in the Back

Here we go, the final of the three part series of my DC adventures!


When I talked to my close friend and former roommate Divi about my trip, she asked what I wanted to do and I immediately said, I don't care except that I want to go to the giant ball pit. You see, all of these pictures had been showing up on facebook of a ball pit for grown ups! To quote Liz Lemon, I want to go to there.


The ball pit, which was officially called the Beach, was at the National Building Museum. I had never been there before because why pay to go to a museum when there are so many free ones in DC? But the Beach lured us in and then we actually really liked rest of the museum too. So everyone was happy.

The fun part.
This dress is SUPER comfortable and I love the color. Plus, it's a party in the back look, with an open triangle and a bow. I added a tank top for extra modesty, but I still felt a little sassy. (Because you know. When people think sassy, they think Rachel.) The only problem was, dresses don't do great in giant ball pits. One is much better off wearing pants. I'll keep that in mind in case this opportunity ever comes up again.
Drowning in a sea of plastic balls


Hi Div!
 We discovered that the pit was a little scarier than expected because it took a while to find the floor in the "deep" end, which was sort of disconcerting. So then we went to hang out in the shallow end. But still, a great time was had by all and now there are pictures of me covered in plastic balls. Really, what more could one want in life?

The sand, for relaxing, if the water gets too rough.
Now picture over a million of these.
What I'm wearing: Eshakti dress (modified to add length and slightly longer sleeves; sold out in purple but available in other colors here), Downeast Basics cami

No comments:

Post a Comment