Saturday, August 29, 2015

Signature Look or a Rut?

Do you ever have the feeling when you look in your closet that you basically have many versions of the same outfit?

Guys, I feel like I'm in a rut. Partly because having this blog is making me more aware of what I wear every day, but also because every day when I get up, I feel like I'm putting on the same thing. Full skirt (whether printed or solid), solid top, sandals, and maybe a belt if I'm feeling creative. On one hand, this look mostly works for me. It flatters my pear shape and keeps me comfortable. But on the other hand, shouldn't I mix it up sometimes? Granted, it is harder in the summer, when I can't do my usual compulsive layering and often find it too hot to wear pants. But still. Is it time to diversify? Is the blog getting boring?
Sarit wanted me to post this on the blog solely
because of the belt. So there you go.
I recognize that this feeling often happens at this time of year. I get tired of my summer clothes and start wanting boots and tights again (but NOT my big winter coat.) But I think this is also partly a post-summer malaise. I love summer because I get to teach and it reminds me of why grad school is worth it. But the anticipation of going back to the library (basically) full time is sometimes difficult for me. I am very spoiled that I get to learn what I love full time, but sometimes I feel like I am not out in the world doing enough. Sigh. Apparently I am introspective tonight. I'll be more fun next time, promise!

Anyway, food for thought. And if you have thoughts on ways to mix it up, please leave them in the comments!

What I'm wearing: Moon skirt via ModCloth, Target shirt (super old, similar here), random belt from Bolton's (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment