Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mazels to Mama!

As you might remember if you memorize everything I write about on the blog, my mom retired last Friday! She has been working very hard and full time ever since she finished business school many moons ago, and now she is going to take a much-deserved break (slash fun summer with Leo) while she decides on her next steps.


On Monday night, her co-workers threw her a lovely retirement cocktail party in a club room on the 51st floor above Columbus Circle. It was a rainy night, but as you can sort of see in the pictures, the view was still beautiful.


This skirt is a favorite of mine, one of the only times that I've been swayed by a commercial to buy something (at least consciously.) I saw it in an ad for White House Black Market and just needed to own it. It has three of my favorite P-things: pockets, pleats, and polka dots. It also has a fun vintage-y feel, and is interesting enough that it doesn't require much embellishment.

The lady of the evening!

I didn't get to eat the cake, but it sure looked beautiful!
All in all, it was a lovely evening. I am not convinced that my mom is going to be able to stay fully retired for long, but she certainly deserves to have some fun and relax a bit. And it was great to see that her co-workers appreciate her almost as much as we in her family do.
Pretty even in the rain!
So let's raise a (metaphorical) glass to my mom, one of the hardest workers and nicest people I know. To the next stage! Mazel tov!

What I'm wearing: White House Black Market skirt (sold out), J.Crew cardigan, Kosher Casual shell, Me Too flats (similar here)
What my mom is wearing: Head to toe Stitch Fix! Emer Pants and Skies are Blue crocheted top
(see more here and sign up for your own fix here!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rachel! It was a truly special evening, and it was extra special that Daddy, Sarah and you were there to share it with me!
    Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete