Monday, June 8, 2015

Black and White (but Sadly, Not Cookies.)

A few days ago, Sarit and I had a conversation that went like this:

Me: My toenail fell off. It's gross. And I think I probably can't run because I'm not sure I can wear closed-toe shoes.
Sarit: Oh, you can use the time to update the blog!

Sarit, this one is for you.


It doesn't happen very often in my price point, but every so often, you find something so beautiful that it requires no embellishment. This skirt, from Boden (of course), fits into that category perfectly.

Yup. Pockets. It just keeps getting better.
As you can see in the detail shot below, the skirt has an overlay that is neither quite lace nor quite crochet. It has soft pleats and pockets, and has the benefit of being super comfortable. Its only downside is that it is sort of see-through, but I am willing to wear a slip to own such beauty.


I actually originally tried it on with my red peep-toe heels, but I was delighted to discover that it actually looked better with black flat sandals. The skirt itself is such a statement piece that everything else in my outfit was best served by giving the skirt attention, rather than pulling away. I never say no to cases where flats look better than heels. I'm sure there's more to be done with this skirt, but for now, I loved the stark contrast of black and white.


Do you have anything special that speaks for itself? How do you style it?

What I'm wearing: Boden skirt (ordered in long and still just to the knee), Kosher Casual top, b.o.c. sandals (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment