Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

Sorry about the awkward mirror pictures. I tried to use the timer on my camera, but suffice it to say it wasn't pretty. I'll come up with a better system.


Today I had a regional graduate students conference for people at schools in the general area who are studying Ancient Judaism.  I never know what to wear to these things, and having to be fancy on Sundays makes me a little grumpy. Plus it was windy and cold. So to cheer myself up, I chose a cute, brightly colored skirt and a cardigan. Then I got there and pretty much everyone was wearing black and grey. And blazers. Oops. Let's here it for making accidental statements, Maybe I'll tone it down a little for day two tomorrow-- but maybe not. We'll see.


One note about the boots. Ah, these boots. When I first saw them, they were love at first sight. And WAY out of my price range at the time. But I kept coming back to them and finally decided they were worth the investment. That was six years ago, so I feel vindicated in my decision. This was important life lesson for me. It's worth spending more money on something you love, as long as it's good quality and will last a long time. I haven't bought new brown boots since, and other than one small repair, they've held up great, so I think this was the right decision.


What do you have in your wardrobe that you've loved for years? How do you decide when to make an investment in something?

What I'm wearing: J. Crew cardigan, Boden corduroy skirt, Hue tights, Aldo boots (super old, and I've never seen anything similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment