Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Stitch Fix Review! My Mom Stitch Fixes It Up March 2015

I know what you're thinking-- another Stitch Fix, so soon? Well yes, but only sort of. (For information about how Stitch Fix works, just click here!) You see, after my older sister got me on the Stitch Fix train, I brought my mom along as well. It's become sort of a family thing...

Some things to know about my mom. She is AWESOME. Really the best. She is smart and interesting and kind and would do anything at all for her family. It also happens to be the case that she is not especially fashion-inclined. She mostly leaves that up to my dad.

Last year, my mom decided that it was important that she start taking better care of her body. She changed her diet and started doing Pilates. She looks amazing, and we are all very proud of her. However, as often happens when people are in the midst of significant weight loss, she didn't want to buy new clothes until she was done losing the weight, but everything she had before was basically falling off of her.

Finally, my dad and I convinced her to try Stitch Fix. It is great for someone like her who doesn't like to shop, because the number of items is inherently limited, and you can try them on in your own house. Perfect. They've been a bit of a mixed bag. Her first fix was a huge success and she kept everything. Her second fix, she was much less enthused, and she only ended up keeping two things. However, one of those who things was an amazing pair of pants (which you'll see in these pictures), so I count that as a success. And now we've reached Fix #3.

Sorry that the pictures are weird. Why this was the case was complicated, but basically, we ended up having to take pictures in her office bathroom. Awkward. (In my mom's words, If you want to be a famous Talmud scholar and fashion blogger, then sometimes you have to go above and beyond. I'm not sure I aspired to the latter, but sure, why not.)

Here's what she got:



And here is her style card:
My mom and I have different standards of modesty, so she wears sleeveless, which I don't.
If you're a modest Stitch Fix-er who loves something she got, well, that's what cardigans are for!
And without further adieu:

41Hawthorne Silvio Arrow Print Sleeveless Silk Blouse in Teal- $88


My mom really didn't like how this looked, so we didn't take a picture with it on. (The rules are different for people who make guest appearances. I have to show you everything, warts and all) We both agreed that it was beautiful, but she didn't like the notch neck, and I thought it made her look a little rounder than she actually is around the middle. (But isn't my mom cute???) This one is going back.

Renee C Shayna Graphic Print Blouse in Black- $54


Again, my mom didn't like it on. (You can sort of see it in the picture on the first blouse.) I liked it more than she did-- I thought it could be a keeper-- but she felt like the notch neck was unflattering. We'll have to update her profile for no more notch necks. In the meantime, return.

Papermoon Jerrard Heathered Open Front Cardigan in Tan- $54



I LOVE this sweater. I want it. Seriously, I'm going to ask my stylist to send it to me in another color. But my mom felt like it was my style, not hers. She wants to return. I feel so sad. It's so soft and cute! Help me convince her to keep it!

Pixley Miandra Embroidered Top in Colbat- $54



This was the biggest hit of the Fix. The picture doesn't do the color justice; it's a rich, deep, royal blue. (Yup, I used the oxford comma. Ha!) The embroidery is beautiful, and this will a great addition to her wardrobe for the summer. Yay!

Mak Laureni Airy Cable Knit Sweater in Pink- $48


This was the item with the most debate (other than the cardigan I loved.) I really liked this, although obviously not over the blue shirt. I like my mom in pink, and I think this is in line with her style but still a little adventurous. Again, my mom was unsure about the v-neck, although I think she liked the rest of it. She's on the fence-- what do you think?

So that's her third fix. I think it was more on target than the last one, even though she might only keep one thing this time. However, she wasn't thrilled. She wrote to Stitch Fix to ask for her first stylist back next time and they said they would make a note in her file, so hopefully that will work out next time. But no matter what, the blue shirt is so beautiful that that alone was enough.

What do you think? What should stay and what should go? Help my mom out! And if you want to get in on the fun, sign up for Stitch Fix here!

1 comment:

  1. The blue shirt it is. The others, not so much....And thanks for your kind words about me, Rachel! You are making me blush....What a sweet daughter you are! (That goes for your sisters too, of course...)

    ReplyDelete