Monday, March 16, 2015

Conference Clothing, Rachel Style



Today was grad student conference part 2. The school I'm at has a teeny tiny PhD program, so it's nice to meet people from other programs and hear what they're working on. I'm not a great networker, so I find these events both stressful and helpful, in that they force me to mingle a little.

After yesterday's neon pink skirt, I decided I should tone it down a little, but I still wanted to look like me. The solution? A pencil skirt, bright shell, and a striped blazer. One of my students, who is also working on a PhD told me that it was "the perfect conference outfit," and that I didn't look like a secretary at all. Score!

(This is me being awkward in the office at work. Thanks for being my photographer, Jordana!)


I'm super into this blazer. It came in my first Stitch Fix, and I've worn it a few times since then. A lot of people stay away from horizontal stripes, but I like them. I'm also much smaller on top than I am on bottom, so sometimes stripes have the ability to make me look more balanced. I also like the pearly buttons, and the blazer is made from a terry-like material, so it's super comfortable while still looking work-appropriate.

How do you dress for work while letting your style shine through?

What I'm wearing: Market & Spruce blazer via Stitch Fix (similar here), Jones New York shell from TJ Maxx (similar here), Style &Co pencil skirt, Hue tights, Born boots

No comments:

Post a Comment