Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Happy Sunday, friends! It's been a big few days in Curly Hair with Glasses land! On Friday, I passed my fourth comprehensive exam (yay!!!) Yesterday morning, I had the pleasure of watching one of my students become a Bat Mitzvah with great grace, poise and spunk. And last night, I got to celebrate the birthday of my favorite little sister, who is not so little anymore! And true to our style, it was a fancy birthday party, even though we were just hanging in her apartment, because everything is more fun when you're fancy.


And what that meant was that I finally got to wear my Stitch Fix dress! This dress came in my first fix. It was crazy expensive for something I didn't need. And yet... If I had designed myself a dress, I think it would basically have looked like this. It has polka dots, pockets, and a skirt with a mini crinoline under it. There was no question that I had to have it. So here it is at its grand debut.


The dress originally came with a black belt, but I swapped it out for red for a splash of color, and to go with my red shoes. I didn't like the belt buckle, so I buckled it in the back instead. Add a cropped cardigan and some pearls, and I was good to go.


Look how it twirls!
(Photo credit Alex-- hi Alex!)

Happy birthday to the best little sister a girl could ask for!



You might notice that my hair is straight, or at least straighter than usual. Because of all of the events, I got a blowout on Friday. It's the first time that my hair has been straight in four years. I like it, and it's certainly easier in many ways, but I also don't feel like I totally look like me. I'll be glad to go back to curls with my next shower.

What do you do when you find something you absolutely love but don't at all need? Splurge or save?

Have a great Sunday, friends! See you again soon.

What I'm wearing: Donna Morgan dress via Stitch Fix (I found the same one at ModCloth, but for even more money), Boden cropped cardigan, DKNY peep toe heels (similar here and here), red patent leather belt (similar here, although at a much higher price point), pearl bracelet (which was a bridesmaid gift from my older sister's wedding), pearl necklace (a gift from my parents when I graduated college)

3 comments:

  1. Love those polka dots, Rachel! Really adorable!!
    Sarah and you are a beautiful pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And yes, very you :)
    Save (and see if you can't find it on Ebay or with a coupon someplace else) - or wait until it goes on sale (which is inevitable but depends upon the shop). My rule is that it's okay to splurge on something frivolous if it is $30 or under - it doesn't give me a lot of leeway but it's better that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mean to be creepy by not signing a name (Hi Rachel - it's Rebecca R.)

      Delete