Monday, December 21, 2015

The Mullet of Sweaters

Thankfully, I am a little too young to have been part of the mullet trend that unfortunately proliferated in the 80s. I think we can all agree that if the mullet never came back, it would be okay with all of us.

That being said, I have recently acquired a few shirts that I affectionately think of as mullet shirts, as they are business in the front and party in the back. They seem to be having a moment. I like them for a few reasons, which I will now list for you:
1. They're usually professional enough to wear to work, but have an element of fun and surprise, making them more interesting.
2. I have found that they often have sleeves. Don't know why, but I'm not complaining.
3. They're an excellent excuse to not have to do my hair! (Sometimes I am lazy.)
4. There's a fun bow! Hurrah!


This was the first shirt of this type that I got, way back in my May Stitch Fix. It's possible that I had pinned it to my Pintrest Board at least 15 times. But only maybe. Anyway, I love it just as much now as I did then-- a true Stitch Fix winner. This was from the first fix Alison sent me, and we have been happily together ever since. It has also proven to be a significant conversation speech, and once prompted one of my students to ask me to turn around so she could see the back before I started teaching. Perhaps not the most appropriate, but then again, parties aren't always. Mullet shirts forever!

What I'm wearing: Ezra sweater via Stitch Fix, LOFT black pants (this season's version here)

No comments:

Post a Comment