Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Maddie!

I have one more Nepal post to go, but I couldn't let this illustrious day pass unmentioned... You see, today, December 1st, is Madeline Rose's first birthday! Happy birthday Maddie! So in her honor, here are some (already pretty old pictures) taken with my favorite niece.


These pictures were taken at Shaina and Avi's baby's bris. Brises = ritual surgery, and therefore not the best. However, we were all happy that Pickle finally got a name that wasn't related to a vegetable, and luckily Maddie is a baby and so she had no idea what was happening.


She was very happy after, when there was melon. Sometimes in life, it's the little things. (I happen to be allergic to melon, but I'm glad that others can enjoy it.) Maddie looks annoyed in this picture because she was thinking, "Why are you taking my picture when I am trying to eat my cantaloupe in peace?" But she came around later on:


Some notes on my outfit: colored tights! Hurrah! A post on tights will be coming soon, per Rebecca's request. But in the meantime, when it's cold enough for tights but warm enough to not wear knee high boots, a pop of color with tights and a scarf can jazz up an otherwise not-super-interesting outfit. I wasn't sure how this one would turn out, but I was happy with it in the end.  Who doesn't like a little turquoise?


So back to our main point, happy birthday to Maddie! You have made us so happy for the last year that we can't wait for all of the many years to come. And we are very impressed with your ability to consume cake. Keep it up. We love you!


What I'm wearing: Ina skirt via Purdy Girl, Kosher Casual shirt, Hue tights, G by Guess booties via TJ Maxx (similar here), infinity scarf via DSW (similar here)

1 comment: