Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sweater (Dress) Weather

Look, I have a kitchen!
 Here are two facts about this dress. #1: It is stupid, as it is a sweater dress with elbow-length sleeves. #2: I love it so I don't care that it is stupid.


I see this dress as sort of miraculous. Most sweater dresses cling and bunch in ways that I find not the most flattering. In contrast, this is probably one of the most flattering things I own. It fits like it was made for me, and the stripes make me look taller than I am. The fabric is structured but not stiff. Also, it is SUPER comfortable, on account of being a sweater dress. Also also, it is totally my colors, with the turquoise and the navy. WINNING.


The only problem with it is that the window for wearing it is fairly small. I think it looks silly with anything other than boots, on account of being made out of sweater, but once it gets cold, the sleeves become a problem. However, we are having a freakishly warm winter so far (El Nino? Man made climate change?) so I can still wear it even though we are deep into December. Perhaps I will wear it this Shabbat, even.

In other news, I realized that I basically pose the same way for every blog picture. So this is me trying to mix it up. I think we can all agree that the result is pretty awkward. Lucky for all of you, I believe in owning the awkward. So enjoy.

See, this dress makes me joyous.
What I'm wearing: Boden sweater dress (last winter bought on major clearance, but this year's version is here, sparkles included!), Hue tights, Matisse boots (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment