Thursday, December 17, 2015

Best Wedding, Best Dress

If you read my last post, you know it's been a bit of a rough week, as I have a stomach virus that won't go away. Luckily, I also have wonderful friends and neighbors who take extra good care of me, including one who showed up at my door last night with a giant plate of rice that she made me so that I wouldn't have to eat Tradition Soup and then die of MSG poisoning.

So in Sarit's honor, and because she and Abe got married a month and a half ago, and because Throwback Thursday is apparently a thing... I (finally) bring you Sarit and Abe's wedding!


First of all: the wedding was beautiful, and more importantly, super fun and energetic and everything you would have expected from Sarit and Abe. Every detail was thought out, including one of the most rocking tisches I've ever been to. (That link is not especially progressive, and therefore only talks about the groom's tisch, but many of the weddings I go to, including this one, have a bride's tisch as well.)

Secondly, the dress I wore is amazing and if it were appropriate, I would probably wear it every day. I bought it on major clearance from the Boden holiday line last year, but haven't had a chance to wear it because this is most definitely a special occasion dress. It's jacquard, which is sort of like a brocade-type fabric. It has an amazing vintage-y feel to it, which I love. It came with sleeves, which saved me all of the "what layers can be worn with this and still look normal" troubles. And it's super unusual, which I enjoy in what is often a sea of black dresses. (Yes, Jews wear blacks to weddings.)

The happy bride and groom.
Accessories for this outfit were a bit of a challenge. The shoes really needed to be navy, but I didn't want to buy new shoes for a dress I hardly ever get to wear. But then I saw these at DSW on crazy clearance for $12, and then they were the most comfortable heels I've ever put on. So here we go.

Also, there are few things stupider than a clutch. This is when it's hard to be a girl. What's the point of a purse where, if you put anything in it, it gets lumpy and looks bad? Sigh. Luckily I had a giant suitcase with me, and luckily we live in the age of flat phones, so it all worked out ok. But nonetheless, let my objection be noted.
Ahh this is so exciting!
Now look below. This is my friend Ariella. It's hard to see in the picture, but she was wearing a super awesome necklace. She's smart and fun and interesting, and she is VERY excited to make her blog debut. (Actually. Like, as soon as we took this picture, she said, I get to be on the blog!)


Sadly, I missed most of the reception because I (happily) had to go to Nepal. The first round of dancing was epic enough, though, to ensure that I smelled very terrible by the time I got to Nepal. Sorry, everyone who had to sit next to me on the airplane.

However, everyone knows that a true fashionista has an outfit change in the middle of a major event, so here was mine:

Mazel tov Sarit and Abe! Enjoy your honeymoon! Thanks for being such good friends and neighbors! And for all of the rice.

What I'm wearing (in outfit #1): Boden dress (never seen anything else like it, but similar genres and fabrics here and here), Kelly and Katie heels via DSW, clutch via Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment