Monday, December 7, 2015

Missing: My Work Ethic

The good news: I'm ABD!!! ABD= all but dissertation. This means different things in different programs, but in my program, once you pass your last comprehensive exam, you are considered ABD. I also know have a Masters of Philosophy in Rabbinic Literature. Doesn't that sound fancy?


The bad news: Since becoming a Master, I have completely misplaced my work ethic. It's probably partly burn-out (taking seven comps will do that to you), and also because I don't really know what to do now. How exactly does one begin researching a dissertation? I have no idea. Many kind people have given me tips, which are extremely helpful, except that sometimes they contradict each other. Hopefully soon I will get over this block and start on the prospectus. And in the meantime, procrastinators of the world unite!


In other news, I love this dress because it is basically a nightgown that is fancy enough to wear outside. Pockets, softness, and polka dots. What else could a girl want? I wore it with my booties, since it's not cold enough to need knee high boots yet. Even though it's December. Go figure. I added a scarf for extra warmth (if my neck is cold, then I am cold), but modeled it both ways for you because that's how I roll.


What I'm wearing: Reborn dress via Zulily (similar here), Hue tights, G by Guess booties via TJ Maxx (similar here), GAP scarf (similar here)

1 comment:

  1. A really cute and unique dress! Love those polka dots! And you deserve a break so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete