Sunday, October 11, 2015

Stitch Fix Review October 2015: Decisions, Decisions

Yes, my dear readers, it is that time again. Not because I get my Fixes two week apart now, but because I am blogging about this one right when I got it because I need some advice! I thought I had decided, but then I put everything on again to take pictures and now I can't decide.

I apologize for the mirror selfies. Shaina has a new baby and Sarit is getting married in three weeks and away at a conference, so I decided to leave them alone and take my own pictures this time around.

For this Fix, I made two requests. First, I'm going to Nepal(!) in three weeks (more on that later), so I asked for things that could be easily layered and washed while I'm there. Second, because of the fashion rut I've mentioned, I asked for new things to try to push me out of my comfort zone a bit.


Doesn't that sweater look delicious???


If I kept the whole box, it would be $169.50. Here's the styling card:


And the note. Hi Alison!:

(P.S. You might notice that my hair is much shorter. It was in terrible need of a cut so I went in an said, Do whatever you want. It's very different but I think I like it!)

Let's see what I got:

Skies are Blue Cathy Wide Leg Pant in Burgundy-- $48



I know what you're thinking. Stitch Fix sells hideous pajama pants???

No! I am supposed to wear these outside! For reals!

Apparently this is what I get for asking to have my comfort zone pushed.


I would call these pants hideous, but that would be insulting to hideousness. I HATE them. I actually could not imagine something less flattering to my body. I already carry my weight in my hips and thighs. Why make them look bigger? Perhaps if I was twice was tall and half as small these would have worked. But I am not. Good bye, horrible pants.

Status: Return

Market & Spruce Arto Embroidered Bib Top in Black-- $68



This shirt was just sort of eh on me. I'm of average height, but my torso is long-ish, so it was a little short. It was also slightly tight in the sleeves and too big in the body.


Plus, the peplum is not for me. And $68 is a lot for a shirt that I don't love, even with the beautiful embroidery. Finally, I already wear too much black. I won't miss this one.

Status: Returned

THML Bresee Scoop Neck Top in White-- $64



This is where things get complicated. This blouse, while on the pricier side, is GORGEOUS. It's super high quality and has great detailing on the sides, neck, and with the zipper in the back. However, as you can see in the picture above, it puckers strangely at the waist.


Then I thought... what if I tuck it in? And now I love it! I also feel like it's so different from the things I have and would pick out for myself. It's sophisticated but interesting, and naturally modest. But is it worth keeping a blouse that can only be worn tucked in? Help!


Status: Undecided. What should I do??

Market & Spruce Denver Cable Knit Elbow Patch Cardigan in Brown-- $58



I was so psyched when I pulled this out of my box. It is super substantial without being itchy. I love cardigans. It's a totally reasonable price for a sweater of this quality. It has pockets. And it has elbow patches! Which is perfect for me because next semester I'm going to be a professor so obviously I need elbow patches!


It seemed great for evenings in Nepal too. But then when I put it on it seemed like it was swimming on me. So I thought it had to go back. But then today I tried it on today and maybe it wasn't too big? I'm so confused! What do you think?

Status: Undecided

Skies are Blue Jacklin Mixed Print Knit Top in Black-- $48



This might be the most "me" thing in the box. It is super soft, striped, and has fun details. I like that it has two types of stripes and a diamond print around the waist. I also like the u-shaped front and back. It means I can add a brightly colored tank for a pop of color. It matches with everything and also would be great for my trip.


My only concern about this shirt is: is it TOO me? I use Stitch Fix to help me push my fashion boundaries a bit. Would I just be buying something that's similar to what I already have? Or should I stick with what works?

Status: Undecided

So there you have fix #11. Alison is getting better and better, and so are my Fixes. But it is hard to decide! Please leave thoughts. I need to check out by Tuesday!

And if you want to get in on the fun and try it for yourself, sign up for your Fix here!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Skies Are Blue shirt on you. It never hurts to keep something that fits your personality instead of pushing you out of your comfort zone. If you love it keep. As for the cardigan, you can always ask for it in a smaller size if you think it's too big.

    ReplyDelete