Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Stitch Fix Review September 2015: The Fun's in the Details

Ok, I'm back! I'm sorry for staying away for so long. I'm still wearing the annoying brace, which makes typing a challenge, but thankfully, my thumb hurts a lot less, so I came back to all of you, dear readers!

And... it's Stitch Fix time!

This Stitch Fix actually came almost three weeks ago. I'm just behind. And this was a good one! Alison really listened to my requests, which were as follows: I asked for something I could wear during this crazy holiday season, the jeans from my last fix in blue, and things that would transition well for fall. (These pictures were taken the day before Rosh Hashanah, which is why my hair is weird and straight.)

Let's see what we've got. (And for a reminder of how Stitch Fix works, click here!)

The excitement builds... 
And look! I see color!
 I had a little bit of credit left this time around, so that gave me some pricing flexibility. If I had kept everything, it would have cost $202 before the credit, or $165 after. However, I did not keep everything (but I did keep more than one this time around!)


The Style Card

I included a close-up of Alison's note this time, because it was so nice! I really felt like she listened to me, especially with her recommendations about the dress. Let's take a look:

Fun2Fun Altoona Crew Neck Top in Black-- $48
Dear John Marson Wide Leg Jean in Navy-- $78

 This was a 50/50. I loved the jeans. They're the ones I got in the last fix, but I hadn't liked the black wash, so Alison sent them in blue. I had to keep them. I HATE jeans shopping. Seriously. It is just the worst. So if someone wants to send jeans that fit perfectly to my house, then I will keep them. Also, I used to be all about boot cut, but they all either stopped fitting or got holes in them, so it is nice to have something other than a straight leg again.


The top, I was less enthusiastic about.  As you can see in the pictures, it was sort of too big. Also, it was a little blah. My sister said, It looks like something someone middle aged would wear. And I'm not there quite yet, so I was not sad to say good bye to this one.

Jean status: Kept!
Shirt status: Return

Crescent Freese Scoop Neck Top in Navy-- $48

Shaina said this picture is a little Jesus-y.
I assure you I was just trying to show off the weirdo sleeves.
 I hated this top. I actually liked the pattern okay, but that was pretty much it. I didn't like the fabric. It reminded me of the crinkly skirts I used to wear as a teenager. And I HATED the sleeves. Seriously, who wants sleeves that are going to slide over the place and make your arms look bigger?


Also, there was this tie in the back. My shoulders were way too narrow for the shirt, so everything was flopping all over the place. Not for me. Good bye, weird shirt.

Status: Return

Papermoon Gresham Split Back Knit Top in Navy-- $48


This is the shirt I kept going back and forth on. At first I loved it, especially because it fit so well. Then I felt like maybe I have too much navy. But then it was so fun. Sarit ultimately convinced me to keep it, and I have already worn it, so I guess it was a good pick!


The whole fun of this shirt is in the back. It's a split back, so it needs a tank top underneath. I like the flower print because it's really different from the things I usually wear. Plus, it's SUPER soft. I had trouble figuring out what to wear with it, because I didn't like navy with dark jeans, but when I tried it with my green pencil skirt, and I liked it a lot. So...

Status: Kept!

41Hawthorn Danette Dress-- $74


This was the other thing I was on the fence about. I loved it right out the box. The color is beautiful and the fabric was really high quality. It was also really different from the things I usually wear, which I liked, as I am trying to mix it up a bit. Plus, it had this cool tie on the side, which was a little bit different.


The problem was the length. As Alison predicted, it was too short. It has a little bit of the high-low thing going on, so it's long enough in the back, but not in the front. I wasn't sure about how to layer it, but I put a navy skirt underneath, and it looked enough like a tunic that I thought it could work. I wore it a few days later and got many compliments. So yay!

Status: Kept!

So if you're keeping score, that's 3 kept and 2 sent back. This is the first time in a while that I have kept more than one thing. If it hadn't been Rosh Hashanah, I might have tried to sell the other two shirts to get the discount, but the holiday made it too complicated. But it's ok. I'm really happy with the things I kept, and feel like they were a helpful step in diversifying my wardrobe a bit, which I wanted. So yay!

And now, because of the delay, my next fix is in less than two weeks. Time flies! Want to get in on the fun? Sign up for your own fix here!

1 comment: