Friday, September 4, 2015

Sparkly Toenails, Weird Dreams, and a Career as an Artist

Yesterday's lesson of the day: if you do nothing all day but alternate reading Harry Potter and watching Parks and Rec, you have VERY strange dreams. (Also, I think Parks and Rec has ruined me for all other TV shows. Ben + Leslie 4-eva!)

The big plan for today is to leave the house. Oh stomach virus, way to put my life goals in perspective.


Anyway. I don't have a huge amount to say, which is maybe just as well, as my energy is still pretty limited, but I just wanted to thank all of you who sent me get well soon wishes and also ideas for the fall/ winter bucket list. More on that coming soon.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of yet another time I ended up painting my toenails to match my shirt, despite swearing that I wouldn't do it again:


They ended up pretty intense, but I still feel happy every time I look at my toes. And when else, if not during a time I don't have to go to work, is it a good moment to have sparkling turquoise toenails?

This pictures were taken on day two of two of a crafting adventure. When Sarit graduated rabbinical school, I told her that as a present, I would take her to do any activity she wanted, as long as it was fun. She chose paint your own pottery:

A rabbi AND an artist!
However, mine never turn out so well, so I decided to do a mosaic instead. Turns out those take a long time, so Shaina and I went back a month later so I could finish my box and she could make a picture frame.



I think we have great careers as artists ahead of us, no?

I have nothing to say about my outfit, except that it too is boring, but I am working on some ideas to diversify and more interesting pictures will hopefully be coming soon to a blog near you.

And now, Harry is calling my name. Until next time!

What I'm wearing: Boden skirt (similar here), Willi Smith shirt via TJ Maxx (similar here), Franco Sarto sandals via DSW (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment