Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Bucket List Two-for-One

Well, tomorrow is Labor Day. Summer is over. Sad. But we still have many blog posts to go before to blog has reached the end of summer.


This pictures were taken by my friend Sarah on the High Line during a beautiful sunset. Zing! Way to double up, team. (We won't mention that it was 90 degrees and thus very unpleasant out. See how the dress doesn't show sweat??)

I love this dress. Is it the same color as my skin? Yes, sort of. Does that mean it's probably not the most flattering thing I own? Probably. Do I wear it anyway? Yup! Because it's comfortable and just the right amount of modest and a really pretty pink floral texture. And you know what? I get dressed for me, so if I like it, then sometimes I can wear things the same color as my skin. So there. (Nice sunburn lines too, no?)

Beautiful sunset over the Hudson. 


One of the things I like about the High Line is the cool blend of the urban and the wild. (For those of you who don't know about the High Line and its history, you can read more about it here.) This was my first time visiting the northern extension, which is beautiful and also way less crowded than if you go further south.
Crowd Sourced Lego Building
The original train tracks from the rail yards.



Most of the High Line blocks the view of the river, so we hung out in the northern part until the sun mostly went down and then headed south. There's something for everyone-- legos, flowers, art (most of it modern, which is not so much my thing, but to each her own), food, music, yoga... The list goes on and on. It obviously has a really different feel than most other parks, which are purely nature-based, but I like the urban and wild combo a lot. It reminds me that Manhattan was not always a crazy city with tons of buildings, but rather, there used to be nature. Who knew?


This dress is from an online boutique called LulaRoe. They do pop-up boutiques, mostly in person, but also sometimes on Facebook. You can also order online, although I've found that their stock is limited. It's all made the USA and it's all modestly-oriented (think length and sleeves). Also, they make only a few of each piece in each print, so you're unlikely to show up and find someone wearing the same outfit. Fun for everyone.

What I'm wearing: Pink dress via LulaRoe (online boutique here, Facebook group here), Downeast Basics cami, Bare Traps sandals (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment