Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sisters See Sisters


Dear readers, as you (might but probably don't) remember, when I got sick last summer, I spent basically the whole time watching Parks and Rec. This is because Parks and Rec is amazing and I love Amy Poehler so much. Additionally, I am deeply and undyingly devoted to Tina Fey, and I read Bossypants whenever I feel down. Finally, I love that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are best friends in real life because they are both smart and funny and awesome women, and the idea of them hanging out could only make me happier if I got to come along too.


This meant that I was both excited and nervous to see Sisters. On one hand, Tina and Amy! On the other hand, oh Lord, what if it was terrible? The reviews were not especially encouraging. However, devoted fans that we are, the sisters three made a date to see Sisters this past Saturday night.

And you know what? It was not nearly as smart as either of their TV shows, but I thought it was hilarious, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Additionally, it was even more fun to see it with my sisters. And when I was in the bathroom after the movie, I heard some women saying, "Mom and dad would kill us if we tried to pull something like that!" So there were others who had the same idea.

Let's talk about my outfit for a minute. This shirt is yet another "party the back" shirt, although the front isn't so business. (See: the contrasting pocket.) I LOVE it. I love the contrasting stripes and colors, and that the red part is stretchy and the back is structured. I look forward to wearing it a lot when it stops being cold.


Also, after three years of searching, I finally found a pair of boots I like with my jeans tucked in. They are super comfortable and I found them on clearance. I orginally envisioned just wearing them with pants, but I've been wearing them with skirts too. I like feeling moto-tough. Because nothing says tough guy like getting a PhD in Talmud, right?

What I'm wearing: Downeast Basics top (similar here), LOFT jeans, Diba boots (on clearance here, 50% off in store.)

No comments:

Post a Comment