Friday, January 8, 2016

I'm So Fancy! And So Is My Drink.


Hello from our nation's capital, friends! There is much to report from here, including my first (but not last!) trip to the White House, three museums in one day, and fun time with wonderful friends. However, in my effort to blog at least somewhat in order (some days I am more determined than others), I'm going to flash back a bit to a super fun sister bonding bucket list activity-- fancy drinks for fancy folks.


Most of the time, I am glad that I live in the year 2016. Feminism, modern technology, and the fact that I am not expected to wear a corset are all things that make my life much better. However, there's something to be said for the old days, just because everyone was so freaking classy all the time. I love being classy, at least when I'm in the mood, so sometimes I try to bring it back.


Therefore, I put fancy drinks on my fall/ winter bucket list. But the rule was, it wasn't only the drinks that had to be fancy, we had to be fancy as well. Obviously my sisters jumped right on board with that. We decided that the way to go would be the bar at a fancy hotel, so we ended up at Bar Pleiades at the Surrey Hotel on the Upper East Side.



Dear readers, it was SO fun. First of all, my drink was both beautiful and delicious. Second, I am obsessed with this dress and was so excited to wear it. (The top is sheer, so I put on a nude tank top underneath for a little extra coverage and as you can't see, you couldn't even tell.) I even put on a little make up! Not very well, as I have no idea what I'm doing since I never wear make up, but I get points for trying. There's something really appealing about being transported back to a different era for a few hours, when people wore fancy clothes to go out for a drink. Especially when you get to go back to 2016 afterwards. Cheers!


What I'm wearing: Boden dress, HUE tights, CL by Laundry heels

No comments:

Post a Comment