Thursday, July 9, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Outside Bar

My friend Jessie said, Hey Rachel, can you write more about your summer bucket list? So I say to Jessie, Sure, here you go!


Here's the deal with the bucket list. Basically, as will not surprise those of you who know me in real life (instead of just on the blog), I have a strong homebody streak. I tend to be a little bit on the shy side, and since I sometimes get stressed by the idea of socializing, it makes me stay home too much. But you know what? I like doing things! At least most of the time. So I made my list of fun things to do in New York in the summer and set off on my journey, since there's nothing I like more than crossing things off a list. Because I'm cool like that.

As you can see, I've actually been making good process on the list. I've done 8 things so far, and I will do at least three more in the next week and a half. Then I'll be about halfway done. Go me!

Last Monday was both my and Sarit's first day at work. It was sort of a fake first day for both of us, since I've taught in the summer programs for the last five years and Sarit has been a rabbinic fellow in the place where she's working now for the last two. But it was a first day nonetheless, and a beautiful evening, so we, along with our friend Shaina went to Ellington's in Riverside Park. (If you've never been, I highly recommend it. It's in Riverside Park at about 104th, and they have both food and drink.)

I know, I know. The bucket list said a rooftop bar. I'm counting this even though it wasn't on a roof because it was outside and had a beautiful view, and it was much more my speed than a regular bar. We sat on couches and had a drink each and just chilled out and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was awesome.
Help, I don't know how to pose!
The view! The sunset!
I was hoping to also cross "see a beautiful sunset" off my list that night, but it wasn't much, so I'll have to try again another day. In the meantime, here is the view:



Again soon, perhaps. In the meantime, the list marches on. Anything else I should include? What's on your list for the summer?

What I'm wearing: Anthropolgie dress (similar here), Boden cardigan, b.o.c. sandals via DSW

No comments:

Post a Comment