Sunday, July 19, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Central Park Boating!

Dear readers, it is HOT here. And when it's hot, what better to do than spend some time on the water?


Here in New York, we actually have many natural water sources, some of which are fit for swimming! The lake in Central Park is not included on that list, as its dark green color might suggest. However, boating there is super fun, and also way cheaper than most New York activities.

So as an early birthday present to Leo, I took him boating in Central Park a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time until we tried to row back. You see, Leo insisted on sitting next to me, instead of on his own bench. Which meant I could only really row with my left arm. Which meant we spent a lot of time going in circles. It is hard to not freak out in such situations, but I wanted to keep Leo calm, so we sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." Over and over and over.


Eventually we made it back to shore and Leo came to hang out with me at work for a while, which he enjoyed partly because my friend/ mentor/ supervisor Wendy gave him ice cream. Meanwhile, I had been sweating profusely, which made me nervous about being presentable for my evening class. Luckily, I had chosen a jersey dress, which both hid my sweat and dried pretty quickly. Let's here it for dark colors on hot summer days!
The whole look, back at work.
 This was almost two weeks ago, so now Leo's birthday has finally come. Happy birthday to my favorite youngest nephew! You are sweet, funny, and weird in the best possible way.



In other news, Eshakti is having a deal right now. If you place your first Eshakti order with this link, you get $40 off an order of $70 or more. Custom dresses for everyone! Try it out and let me know how it comes out for you.

What I'm wearing: Boden dress (similar here), Downeast Basics cami, Bare Traps sandals (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment