Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Classiest Fail

Dear readers, by now you know that my sisters and I might just be the classiest people in the land. I mean, we wear black tie and drink in fancy hotel bars with $20 ice cream sundaes. (We already find the ice cream, because just we're classy, that doesn't mean we don't have our priorities straight.)


So about a month ago, we decided to be classy at a rooftop bar for fancy drinks round two, and to cross something else off the SBL 2.0. However, when we showed up, it was not classy (a surprise trashy Mexican theme) and it also was so full that they were not even taking names for the waiting list anymore. But never fear! When being classy, it is always good to have a back-up plan, which is why I suggested that we go north a few blocks to the Campbell Apartment.

Yup, that's right. A dress code. Because CLASSY!
I had been there once before. It's a place you would never spot, with a tiny entrance on the Vanderbilt Avenue side of Grand Central terminal. However, if you know it's there, it is TOTALLY worth checking out. The drinks are pricey, but only slightly more so than if you got cocktails anywhere else. And you get to feel so old timey and fancy, which is just great fun.


Sorry not to have a picture of the three of us together, but all of them were woefully unflattering of at least one of us, and it seemed mean to put that on the blog. Instead, here is a picture of our three fancy drinks:



The space was designed as a private apartment for a railroad executive in Grand Central, but apparently he never actually stayed there. However, the parlor/ living room, where the bar is, seems ideal for entertaining. It has high ceilings and marble walls and fancy lanterns and a great speak easy sort of feel. Even I, the one who does not enjoy drinking or bars, wanted to stay longer. So while the rooftop bar remains on the bucket list, I would call this delay well worth it.


Finally, how beautiful is this dress? I got it a few Stitch Fixes ago. I've been trying to only keep things I really love, which means I've been sending almost everything back, but this was something I knew I would be too sad to return. It is totally my shape, just the right length, and a beautiful blue color. Every time I wear it, I feel even happier. And classy :)

What I'm wearing: Maggy London dress via Stitch Fix (available here, but for more than I paid), Boden cardigan, b.o.c. sandals (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment