Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Time I Accidentally Walked to Brooklyn (and Back)


Guys, thanks for all of your kind responses on my last post. It's nice to have all of you on my team! Sarah and I are running the Bronx 10 Miler on Sunday morning, so please cheer from us from your beds, which is where normal people (without children) are on Sunday mornings.


One of the new things that happened this summer is that I kept finding myself in Brooklyn. What's that about? Honestly, I am usually one of those obnoxious Manhattanites who complains about how far away Brooklyn is from everything. But that's mostly because usually I would go on the weekend, when subways are all wonky and it takes forever. But in the summer, when I have more time, I discovered that Brooklyn is not actually so far away! (I know, I know. No need to say anything. At least I admit to my obnoxiousness.)


And I discovered all of this partly when, purely by accident, I ended up walking from my apartment on the Upper West Side to Brooklyn one Sunday.

What??? You say. That's crazy! And yes, it was a little, mostly because I wasn't wearing sneakers, which meant my feet really hurt at the end of the day. My Naot are comfortable, but not that comfortable. But I did it!


Here is what happened. I made plans with my friend Samantha to walk across the Manhattan Bridge. However, I had a few other plans over the course of the day, each of which found me walking progressively further south, rather than getting on the subway, because I am cheap and don't have an unlimited ride Metrocard, which means that I sometimes do crazy things like walk to Brooklyn. By the time I reached the west 20s, it became clear that the easiest way to meet Samantha was to just keep walking. So I did. And then we walked across the bridge, and then decided to walk back across the Brooklyn Bridge. (Don't worry, then we went straight to the subway.) I didn't smell great by the end, honestly. But man, those bridges are gorgeous.

See?

And now, time to go back to work. The prospectus might be sort of almost ready to go to my committee! And also, today is a VERY big day. But I'm not telling why yet. Want to know more? Come back next time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks really awesome place and weather also look beautiful. I haven't been to this place but I guess now I have to. Thank you for sharing such good post with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curls hairs is so attractive for girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bridge is a quite popular tourist attraction, and tends to get busy at certain times of the day and week (weekends are a bit nutty), so you might want to avoid crowds and take a morning stroll across the bridge. Also you must always be aware of the bike lane, when you're crossing the bridge, since there is a steady stream of cyclists utilizing that lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, This is very interesting blog and this bridge is made by unique way ,

    ReplyDelete