Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hey Guys, Remember Me?

Apparently it's been a while since I blogged? Like, more than three years? So, um.... hi everyone! Remember me? It's Rachel, your friendly neighborhood blogger.

A lot has happened since I was here last! I got married! I moved! (Only nine blocks, but in Manhattan, that's a whole different neighborhood.) I got a PhD! I got rid of a lot of clothes and got a lot of other ones! After I got married, I started covering part of my hair, which means new accessories! So you know, a lot to report.


I have mostly brought the blog back due to popular demand. To you, my few but persistent fans, I appreciate you and hear your cries. Here we are.

I also brought it back because what weird times we are living in! I'm going to try to keep the blog as corona free as possible, because this should be frivolity, so consider yourself warned. But of course, what does it mean for us to get dressed when we aren't leaving the house? I will try to answer this question to the best of my ability.

Ok, down to business. Whether one who is lucky enough to work from home right now needs to put on real clothes is a matter of real debate right now. Apparently, stores have seen a spike in orders for tops, but nobody is ordering bottoms. We can thank Zoom for this reality.

I've been trying to get dressed every day, for the sake of my mental health. However, comfort is paramount. Especially because I spend a lot of my time at our bike desk (more on that later), which means I can't wear anything too constricting, or else I can't pedal. So let's discuss what I call the pajama dress. Everyone who wears dresses should have at least one, but ideally, you should have infinity because they're the best.

What is a pajama dress, you ask? It is a dress that looks like clothes but feels like pajamas. This usually means some sort of stretch fabric, nothing too constricted, and it should not be too short, because then it is hard to sit down.

This dress is the Abigail dress from Boden. It is possible that I have four of them. I feel that this choice is justified, as it is super comfortable and it HAS POCKETS.

Look how happy I am about my pockets!
You will notice that I am not wearing shoes. While I get dressed every day, I feel strongly that there is no reason to wear shoes. Instead, socks or slippers depending on the temperature in our apartment. My socks are all neon because I have switched over to Darn Tough socks, which are the best, but also very pricey, so I buy the ones on clearance, which are always colorful. I say, embrace the color.


This is my festive headscarf. I don't cover all of my hair every day--sometimes I only cover some of it--but on days when my hair is crazy/ I haven't showered/ humidity all day, this can be a fun option. I recently learned about the magic of a giant scrunchy, which makes it look like I have sooo much hair. (I don't, I have a normal amount.) But don't worry, the curly hair is still there and will reappear in a post soon.

How's everyone holding up? Do you have a pajama dress? Do you just wear regular pajamas all day? Are you happy we're back? Leave me a comment below!

Dress: Boden
Sweater: LOFT (old, but similar here)
Leggings: Old Navy
Socks: Darn Tough
Scarf: Wrapunzel

2 comments:

  1. I don’t have a pajama dress but I find that real clothes give me a needed morale boost. BTW, that Wrapunzel scarf is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been getting dressed every day. Staying in PJs makes me feel very unproductive. I have a few variations of stretchy skirts that I usually wear for working out and those are now my house skirts. And a decent cotton top - I like the Gap Favorite T's or Eddie Bauer.
    I don't cover my hair at home, if I venture out for a walk I'll throw on a baseball cap.

    ReplyDelete